Refresher – (NSW) Health & Safety Representative Training
This HSR Refresher Training course is recognised by SafeWork NSW and meets the requirements for Health and Safety Representative (HSR) refresher training in NSW.
This course is designed for Health & Safety Representatives (HSR’s) that have previously completed HSR 5 Day Course previously or the 1-day SafeWork NSW Gap course to renew the knowledge and skills Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs) attained during their initial five days HSR training course.
HSRs in New South Wales are entitled to attend 1-day refresher course each year during their term of office (as per Section 21 of the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011). Participants must be able to provide proof of having completed the HSR 5 Day Course previously or the 1-day SafeWork NSW Gap course.
Participants will receive a SafeWork NSW Health and Safety Representative Training Certificate of Attendance. This certificate is issued by Dowell Solutions (SafeWork NSW Number RTO800468).
LENGTH & DELIVERY :
1 Day – Delivered face to face
- Interpreting the WHS legislative framework,
- Key parties, their legislative obligations and duties
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs), Health and Safety Committees (HSCs) and other arrangements
- Participating in effective consultation
- Negotiation, issue resolution and contributing to the minimisation of risks
- Monitoring PCBU’s management of work health and safety risks
- Workplace inspections, notifiable incidents and incident investigation
- Issuing of Provisional Improvement Notices
- Directing the cessation of unsafe work.