NSW – Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Course
This SafeWork NSW course aims to provide participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to fulfil their role as Health & Safety Representatives (HSRs) and influence health and safety outcomes in their workplace.
Dowell Solutions is an approved provider by SafeWork NSW with a trainer that meets the qualification and industry experience requirements set out by SafeWork NSW.
Although this course is designed for Health & Safety Representatives (HSR’s), it is highly beneficial for anyone wishing to gain a better understanding of safety legislation, their responsibilities, risk assessment and much more.
This course covers Legislation applicable to WHS in the workplace, PCBU, worker and third party responsibilities in relation to WHS in the workplace, worker’s compensation and rehabilitation, accident investigation process, workplace risks and hazards, workplace inspections, cessation of unsafe work and PINs.
With a combination of class theory, group discussions, group activities and hands-on activities outside the classroom it gives participants the knowledge and skills to support workplace safety.
Health and Safety Representatives, Managers and Supervisors, Human Resources, Business owners, PCBU’s or anyone who has an interest in gaining skills and knowledge in Health and Safety and the current WHS legislation.
Participants will receive a SafeWork NSW Health and Safety Representative Training Certificate of Attendance. This certificate is issued by Dowell Solutions (SafeWork NSW Number RTO800468).
LENGTH & DELIVERY:
Public Courses: 5 Days – Delivered face to face, Monday – Friday
Corporate Bookings: 5 Days consecutively or 5 Days, broken up over a few weeks
- Interpreting the WHS legislative framework
- Key parties, their legislative obligations and duties
- Establishing representation in the workplace
- Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs), Health and Safety Committees (HSCs) and other arrangements
- Participating in effective consultation
- Negotiation, issue resolution and contributing to the minimisation of risks
- Monitoring PCBU’s management of work health and safety risks
- Workplace inspections, notifiable incidents and incident investigation
- Issuing of Provisional Improvement Notices
- Directing the cessation of unsafe work.
- Training is delivered by an experienced WHS industry practitioner with strong knowledge of relevant WHS legislation and Codes of Practice
- Practical and theoretical activities
- Participant notes and a full copy of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011
- Pen and highlighter